Getting team started in a few simple steps. Note that your High School Club, is just that. A club. You do not need the approval of the Athletic Department, though their support is always helpful.
- Form a high school club; girls to simply create a club with members (athletic department does not need to be involved at all)
- Recommend 10-12 players in the club/team, minimum 6 player roster needed for tournaments
- Athletes join AAU https://play.aausports.org/joinaau/memberappdirectorpage ($14 per year)
- OPTIONAL: Adult join AAU with non-athlete membership in order to register club with AAU https://play.aausports.org/AccountRegistration.aspx ($14 per year)
- OPTIONAL: School Club join AAU at Level 1 https://play.aausports.org/Clublevels.aspx – Insurance Coverage is a benefit of membership. It is provided for properly registered Athletes, Non-Athletes and Clubs for events located in United States of America, its Territories and Possessions. ($30 per year); Notre Dame Belmont has Level 2 to host events
- Submit a request to join the league.
For reference, here are the official AAU League rules.
Submit questions by clicking here.